Stanford Recreation & Wellness – New Year, New Beginnings
New Year, New Beginnings; time to try some new activities!
Click on each activity to reveal more information.
Recreation and Wellness Resources
Follow us on social media, tag @stanfordurec for a chance to win!
📍 Stanford University
🌲 “Inspiring A Healthier Stanford”
🗣 Tag your photos #StanfordRec for a chance to be featured
Apps and resources
Again, we welcome you to choose any activities to make you feel good! We want to support you staying active on your own, so here are some resources to help you reach your goals!
Walking! Take a walk or hike and post to social media using any of our hashtags #stanfordwalks #stanfordhikes #stanfordruns #stanfordbikes #stanfordurec #sumovementmotivation #suvirtualrecreation #recmovement #recathome
- Daily Burn – Free 60-day trial
- Nike Training Club – Free
- Indoor Fitness Court – Free Indoor Workouts
- Les Mills On Demand – over 95 workouts across 8 categories, free 14-day trial
- Down Dog Yoga App
- Peleton App – with various workout categories, free for 90 days
- AllTrails – Find trails around your area, free
- Bay Area Hiker – shows different hikes around the bay area, free (remember to maintain physical distance)
- Headspace – Hundreds of guided meditations on everything from stress to sleep, free 2-week trial.
Record an activity and it goes to your Strava feed, where your friends and followers can share their own races and workouts, give kudos to great performances and leave comments on each other’s activities. Strava syncs with most devices – your phone, GPS watch or head unit, heart rate monitor, or power meter. All kinds of groups form clubs on Strava to organize activities and build communities – friends, teams, brands, gear shops and more. When you join our Stanford Recreation and Wellness Strava, your performance will be shared with the community! Here is how!
- We encourage all participants to practice physical distancing while exercising at this time.
- Please ensure you are choosing activities that are appropriate for your level of fitness.
- If you’re not sure, consult a medical professional.
- Listen to your body and do what’s best for your body each day.