Click here to view the Winter 2021 Physical Education course offerings!
We educate, motivate and support Stanford students to live a healthy, active lifestyle. We encourage the development of body and mind based practices within the areas of wellness.
Our goal is to provide undergraduate and graduate students with opportunities to learn new skills and concepts through a variety of non-competitive lifelong physical activity courses such as fitness, weight training, aquatics, racquet sports, golf, horsemanship, etc. These courses are tailored to help students learn and develop their physical fitness and motor skills, as well as create a positive attitude toward well-being and physical activity which enables students to live a healthy, active lifestyle.
Stanford Physical Education offers courses that focuses on proper mechanics of human movement and their applications to exercise and lifetime physical activities; along with incorporating various dimensions of wellness into a healthy and balanced lifestyle. Common learning outcomes among Stanford’s physical education course offerings include:
- Proper execution of the skills associated with the activity level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Demonstrate proper skill form and biomechanics
- Identify basic concepts associated with the activity
- Identify health-related components of fitness (cardiovascular endurance, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility) as it relates to the specific activity
- Implement intelligent choices within their lives that contribute to a healthy, active lifestyle
Learn – To learn new skills and concepts.
Apply – Apply these insights and strategies to your life, your social sphere, and the world around you.
Transform – Transform the way you live and impact the people around you.