Six Bay Area counties have declared a ‘Shelter in Place Order‘ for the next 3 weeks. ALL RECREATION CENTERS BOTH ON MAIN CAMPUS AND REDWOOD CITY RECREATION CENTERS AND POOLS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
It is hard to comprehend the changes to our daily lives due to the COVID-19 outbreak and the order to shelter in place. It has been heartbreaking to watch the things that we value the most – community, gatherings, fitness and shared experiences – be restricted or canceled, although we know that is the right and necessary thing to do. The University has taken numerous steps thus far to help slow down the spread of the disease. In cooperation with Stanford Administration and the County of Santa Clara, please read below the following changes to our programs and services as a result of recent orders.
Stay tuned for more announcements from us in response to the most recent shelter in place order that will include alternative methods for our community to stay engaged during this time.
Stanford Redwood City Recreation and Wellness Center Frequently Asked Questions
What are the hours of operation?
- SRWC Recreation and Wellness Center Hours: M-F 6:00 am – 9:00 pm
- Pool Hours: M-F 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
What is the address of the Recreation and Wellness Center?
- 900 Warrington Ave., Redwood City, CA 94063
Where do I park?
- Park in the Barron Parking Garage immediately adjacent to the Recreation and Wellness Center. You will either need a visitor pass or a “C” parking permit to park in the structure. https://transportation.stanford.edu/parking-srwc
As a staff member, how do I use the facility?
- Scan your Stanford University ID on the card reader at the front desk. As an employee, access to the center is one of the benefits Stanford University provides for employees.
Can my spouse and/or domestic partner members join?
- Stanford students, faculty and staff and other classes of individuals with a close association to Stanford University have access to the facility per their designation in the Administration Guide policy 2.4.3(Stanford Identification Cards). Spouses and domestic partners are eligible in this policy.
Can my children use the SRWC Recreation and Wellness Center?
- There is no youth access to the Recreation and Wellness Center. Family hours and youth programming is available during family hours on the main Stanford campus.
Can local community members purchase a membership?
- No. With the exception of Stanford Alumni Association members and Stanford Hospital employees, memberships are not sold to individuals without affiliation to Stanford University.
I am a Stanford Alumni Association member or Stanford Hospitals employee. Can I use the SRWC Recreation and Wellness Center and how much is a Stanford Affiliate Membership?
- Access to the SRWC BeWell Recreation Center is available to Stanford Alumni Association members and Stanford Hospital employees as Stanford affiliates. Current information on pricing and how to access the facility is listed on this website.
My friend wants to work out with me, can they work out?
- Yes. They can purchase a daily guest pass. However, you must remain in the facility with them while they are using the facility.
Do you offer lockers and showers?
- Yes, there are locker rooms and showers on each floor of the center.
Can I reserve a locker in the SRWC Recreation and Wellness Center?
- There are approximately 100 lockers in the women’s and men’s locker rooms. To accommodate the needs of the 2,700 staff who will work in Redwood City, day use lockers will be available when the SRWC BeWell Recreation Center opens. Once the campus is fully occupied, we will assess the demand for lockers at the busiest time of the day. If a significant number of lockers remain available a locker rental service will be implemented in addition to day-use only.
Do you offer personal training?
- Yes. Visit our website to register for personal training and get started.
Are basketball and other sports available?
- Yes. The gymnasium is lined for basketball, volleyball, badminton and pickleball. Staff are available to help you set-up the court. There is space for one activity at a time. Use is first-come, first-served.