Welcome back to the Stanford Climbing Wall!
Opening Date: Wednesday, October 28th
In accordance with state, county, and university ordinances, we will be operating at a limited capacity and with new policies. We will be open to bouldering and auto-belay use only, and will require reservations. We are asking that individuals limit themselves to 2 reservations/week, in order to allow greater access to all.
- Use our reservation system to sign up for your time to climb
- Complete your Stanford Health Check prior to arriving and check in at the front desk
- Wear a face cover that stays on and covers your nose and mouth the entire time you are at the climbing wall, especially while climbing
- Maintain social distancing whenever possible
- Observe climbing zones with limited capacity to encourage social distancing
- Bouldering and auto-belay usage only during first stages of reopening
- Use liquid chalk only
- Sanitize hands upon entering the climbing wall and between climbs
- Certain amenities such as showers and lockers will not be available
- Climbers must wear shoes at all times while in the climbing gym
- Rental shoes and harnesses will be available. Socks must be worn with rental shoes.
- Bag storage will be extremely limited and closely monitored, please limit what you bring into the climbing wall.
- Reservation times will be only 50 minutes, consider warming up before your arrival.
- Weight lifting and training equipment has been temporarily removed.
- We only allow liquid chalk. We will temporarily provide liquid chalk to be used and will begin selling it in the Outdoor Center soon.
- While rental shoes and harnesses are available, we strongly encourage you to bring your own gear as our rental quantities will be limited due to new cleaning procedures. Rental gear will be provided on a first come, first-serve basis and may run out.
NEW Hours of Operation
|AOERC Climbing Center||Academic Year Hours|
|Monday||1:15pm - 6:15pm|
|Tuesday||9:15am - 12:15pm |
3:15pm - 6:15pm
|Wednesday||1:15pm - 6:15pm|
|Thursday||9:15am - 12:15pm |
3:15pm - 6:15pm
|Friday||9:15am - 1:15pm|
*We will not be open for weekend family hours at this time.
Check out our COVID-19 Guidelines Video! We encourage you to watch before coming to the Climbing Wall.
Climbing Wall FAQ’s and Info
At this time, these are the Stanford affiliations eligible to make reservations to access the fitness center and register for open-air classes. We understand that there are still questions regarding access to facilities and programs; we hope to get clarification in the coming days and will update you on our newsletter and social media channels
- Students who are approved to be on campus
- Staff who are approved to be on campus
- Post Docs
- Alumni, Retirees, and Emeritus that live *in the Academic Zones.
- Courtesy Card Holders who live *in the Academic Campus Zone, Campus Zones, or faculty subdivision
- Hospital Fellows
- Hospital Resident
- Hospital Employees
- Alumni who do not live *on campus
- Courtesy cardholders who do not live *on campus
- Rec ID Cardholders who do not live *on campus
Reservation Cancellations: you must cancel your reservation on your own (see 'How To Cancel Your Swim Reservations' below). Reservations must be canceled at least 2 hours prior to your reservation to avoid a no show. You are allowed one free no show if you no show. For a second no show, you will lose your swim reservation privileges for the following week.
In-person fitness classes are currently suspended due to COVID-19. While classes are suspended, we invite you to participate in free, virtual fitness classes from Recreation & Wellness.