With both a climbing wall and a bouldering center, Stanford boasts the most square footage of any collegiate climbing facility in the nation. Climbing is open to all Stanford community members and routes are designed to be accessible to everyone – from beginners to experienced climbers.
Our climbing facilities are located within the two major recreation centers on campus: Arrillaga Outdoor Education & Recreation Center and Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation.
In addition to our open hours, we offer quarter-long recreation classes that teach climbing basics, intermediate and advanced climbing techniques, and other technical skills. These can be helpful for climbers at any level or those who want to learn something new.
Regular Facility Open Hours
|AOERC Climbing Center||ACSR Bouldering Center|
|Monday||4:00pm - 9:00pm||Monday||6:00am - 11:00pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 1:30pm|
4:00pm - 9:00pm
|Tuesday||6:00am - 11:00pm|
|Wednesday||4:00pm - 9:00pm||Wednesday||6:00am - 11:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 1:30pm|
4:00pm - 9:00pm
|Thursday||6:00am - 11:00pm|
|Friday||4:00pm - 8:00pm||Friday||6:00am - 10:00pm|
|Saturday||1:00pm - 5:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am - 10:00pm
|Sunday||CLOSED||Sunday||9:00am - 10:00pm
*Hours subject to change
Upcoming Closures/Hour Changes
- AOERC Climbing Wall
- CLOSED for Memorial Day: May 25 – 27
- Children under 18yrs old are allowed to climb during Family Climb time.
- Participants under 14yrs old cannot belay and must be accompanied by a belay certified adult at all times.
- Only two participants under 14yrs old are allowed per certified adult.
- Children under 8yrs old must be under direct supervision by a certified adult at all times in the Climbing Wall (within arms reach).
Do you want to work with our Stanford Climbing team? We’re hiring route setters and instructors. If you would like a job at one of the top collegiate climbing walls in the country, visit our employment page for more details and to submit an application.