The Arrillaga Outdoor Education and Recreation Center (AOERC) is located at 285 Santa Teresa St. The AOERC provides 75,000 square foot of indoor recreation space, a 50-meter outdoor pool, state-of-the-art Climbing Wall and Outdoor Education Center, classroom spaces, locker rooms and showers, fitness center, and three indoor basketball courts.
Make sure you bring your Stanford ID with you and scan it at the front desk in order to enter the facilities. To check your eligibility, visit the access page.
|AOERC||8:30AM – 8:00PM||8:30AM – 8:00PM||12:00PM – 5:00PM|
Hours subject to change. For updated hours and closure info, please visit our facilities page.
AOERC Facility Map
Find your way around the AOERC with our helpful facility maps. Learn the classroom locations and how to navigate around the building.
The moment you’ve all been waiting for is HERE! We will be reopening the fitness center at 10% maximum capacity starting Monday, November 2nd.
- Reservations will be available online 24 hours in advance.
- Hours of operation are 8 AM-8 PM, Monday – Friday, and 12-5 PM on weekends. Sessions start 15 minutes past the hour.
- 18 Fitness Center reservations and 5 Moat reservations are available per hour.
- Reservations are 45 minutes in length with a 15-minute gap for cleaning and sanitizing.
- We will discontinue Pool Deck Cardio on Monday, but you can find the cardio equipment available in the moat and fitness center.
- The Strength Training Moat and the Fitness Center will be separate reservations – there will be no crossover of participants.
- We recommend you bring a water bottle, as fountains are currently not available for use. In addition, we ask you please bring your own towel and mat.
The fitness center is located downstairs at the AOERC. Upon entering the building, head downstairs and the center is at the end of the hallway.
- Weights, Cardio Equipment, Top-of-the-line fitness machines
- Central Air Conditioning and blinds
- Helpful staff available for questions
- Indoor cycling studio
- Free day-use lockers (bring own lock)
- Men’s, women’s, and all-gender locker rooms and showers
Participants and guests must abide by all posted and written policies as well as comply with requests made by Fitness Center Staff. Staff reserves the right to refuse service to any participant.
Please refer to AOERC Facility Policies for more details.
Indoor Cycling Studio Policies
- Indoor cycling studio is available for use at any time outside of specified reservations. Stanford Recreation reserves the right to change the schedule as needed and without notice.
- The indoor cycling studio must be vacated by non-group fitness participants 15 minutes prior to the start of scheduled class times.
- For sanitation, safety, and protection of equipment, participants are required to wear proper workout attire.
- Do not remove equipment from the cycle studio.
- All users are required to wipe down bikes and mop floor after use of the bikes.
In an effort to better serve individuals with disabilities, adaptive equipment is available at the AOERC Fitness Center. Current equipment includes a Nu-Step recumbent bike/upper body ergometer, Sci-Fit bike/upper ergometer and various gloves and attachments for using weights.
Lockers and Changing Rooms
We have men’s, women’s, and all-gender locker rooms available in the downstairs area of the AOERC.
Lockers and changing areas are available on a limited basis and will follow appropriate state and county guidelines regarding capacity, showers, restrooms, and use of lockers. In general, we suggest bringing the fewest items necessary and not relying on locker access regularly. We strongly encourage patrons to refrain from bringing valuables and to keep a watchful eye on their personal items.
In addition to the quarterly/annual lockers, the facility also houses day use lockers which require you to bring your own lock. Day use lockers are free of charge, and please note they will be cleared out each night at the close of business and any left behind contents will be added to the lost and found.
Roble Parking Garage, Parking Structure 2, or Lot 25 (Via Ortega and Panama Street / A Permit, C Permit, and Visitor Parking)
Front Desk: (650) 498-0765
Fitness Center: (650) 498-0761