Stanford Recreation & Wellness is committed to a welcoming and inclusive environment. We believe that access to a healthful and purposeful life is a right afforded to everyone. We are committed to providing equal opportunity and inclusion for all people regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
In 2017, Stanford Recreation & Wellness created a Committee. Through meeting with various campus entities about challenges and opportunities we are working toward creating a welcoming environment for students, faculty, staff, and community members. Let’s continue this conversation and evolve with our campus’ ever-changing needs. We welcome input and feedback as this comes to life and continue the journey together.
Campus Partners and Resources
- Financial Aid- Diversity and First Gen Office
- Diversity and Access
- Cardinal Nights
- Mini-Wellness Grants- Applications are available Spring and Fall quarters
Opportunities for Collaboration
- Group Fitness Class
- A private group fitness class for your group! We can provide an instructor if you’d like to have the event at your location, or we can work to schedule an instructor and facility space at one of our recreational centers.
- Recreation Class
- Learn sport-specific skills through an instructional lesson for your group choosing from tennis, golf, basketball, and badminton.
- Personal Training
- Guidance from a certified personal trainer who can lead your group through a workout tailored to your specific needs.
- Wellness Consultant
- We’ll work to connect your group with our partners on campus including BeWell, R&DE, and Vaden.
- Facility Tours
- Meeting Space
- Special Events
- Women’s Focused and Men’s Focused Training Hours
- All Gender Locker Room @ AOERC
- Diverse and expanded programming
- Need-based subsidized programs fees
Do you have ideas for creating a more inclusive environment within our facility, programs, or services? Have you experienced a situation within our department that you would like to discuss with someone? We welcome you to contact our Inclusivity Committee Chair, Jennifer Sexton, at email@example.com. We look forward to working with you!