Our Intramural Sports Program offers over 20 individual and team sports throughout the year. All sports are separated between two to three divisions in order to accommodate a wide variety of skill levels and experience in each sport. Divisions include:
- Division I (D1): High Competitiveness
- Division II (D2): Moderate Competitiveness
- Division III (D3): Low-to-Recreational Competitiveness
Our staff reserves the right to move a team up or down a division to level the playing field. Players are not able to play on two teams in the same division.
All leagues are open with no gender restrictions. Leagues typically run 4 weeks for the regular season with 1-2 weeks for playoffs. This can vary based off of facility access and weather. Games are not typically rescheduled unless deemed necessary by the Competitive Sports Office.
All leagues and sports are on first come basis. Limited space is available and we encourage you to register during the first day of registration. All participants must have a SUID to participate in Intramural Sports. Courtesy card holders need to email Chris Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
Registration takes place on the IMLeagues website.
Please note that you will need to create a IMLeagues account.
Reminder: Your team is confirmed once you have the minimum number of players and have paid for the league. Your status will be pending until you have done so.
Teams are recommended to enter into the proper level of competition. If a team is playing out of their competitive level, the Intramural Sports Office will immediately counsel that team and has the right, at their discretion, to move a team up to the next class level for playoffs. Players are allowed to play on one D-1 team and one D-2 team or one D-3 team. The IM office reserves the right to remove players from rosters if found violating this rule.
1. All teams eligible for the playoffs cannot have a forfeit in the regular season
2. Must be over .500% winning percentage to make the playoffs
3. On rare occasions, we will take teams who are at .500% winning percentage
4. Sportsmanship will count in all sports and will be used to determine tie-breakers
5. Teams must have a sportsmanship rating of a three or higher to make the playoffs. There is no exceptions to this rule
6. A rating of a 3 is rated as an average sportsmanship game as the benchmark for the rating
Leagues are typically four weeks long, with every team playing one game per week. Teams are then ranked based on record, sportsmanship, and point differential and seeded in a playoff bracket. The playoffs last one to two weeks and result in one league champion.
Before the start of each sport, there will be a mandatory captain’s meeting. These meetings are designed to equip team captains with the necessary information on to successfully participate in our program. It also allows our staff to provide quality services and our leagues to run efficiently. Topics covered in these meetings will include, but are not limited to:
- Policies & Procedures
- Sport-specific Rules
- Question & Answer