Tennis & Golf
Stanford Golf Course
Located in the foothills above the Stanford University Campus, the Stanford Golf Course is consistently rated one of the finest courses in the world.
Tennis Court Reservations
Court Usage Priority
Tennis team events/practices, physical education classes and special events have priority over all other use. Otherwise:
- Use of the tennis courts is restricted to individuals who are members of the Stanford University community.
- To Reserve Online:
- You must have a SUNet ID. (If you do not have a SUNet ID, check to see if you are eligible at http://sunetid.stanford.edu/create).
- You may reserve one court for an hour up to one week in advance. (If you need two hours your playing partner may sign up for an additional hour).
- Important: Print your reservation confirmation and bring it to the court.
- If you are not eligible for a SUNet ID, but are a member of the extended Stanford community as defined below, you are entitled to use any court not occupied by a person with a printed confirmation. This is on a first come, first served basis.
- Identify yourself to anyone already on the court or to anyone who asks when you are playing:
- Retirees – by presenting your Faculty-Staff ID Card
- Visiting Scholar or Associate – by presenting Recreation & Wellness issued “Membership Card”*
- Full-time hospital employee or Spouse of Stanford faculty, staff, student or retiree – by presenting a “Courtesy Card” from the ID Card Office** or Recreation & Wellness issued “Membership Card”*
- Stanford Alumni and Summer Conference Participants – by presenting a Recreation & Wellness issued “Guest Membership Card”*
* obtained at the AOERC located at 285 Santa Teresa.
**obtained Forsythe Hall, 275 Panama Street (650)725-5501).
(The 3a – d categories above have equal priority to each other, but have secondary priority to a person with a printed reservation – .i.e, a SUNet ID holder. It is strongly suggested that you choose a time of play based on availability as noted on the Reservation Sheets for each venue)
In fairness to other court users, the following rules apply:
- You can only reserve 1 hour per day. (Your partner may sign up for a second hour if available)
- Your court reservation for that hour will be voided if you fail to arrive 10 minutes after the hour.
- You can only reserve 1 court per day.
- You cannot reserve a court more than 7 days ahead.
- Print your Reservation Confirmation and bring it with you to the courts in order to verify to anyone using the court that you have official and immediate priority.
- Private lessons are absolutely prohibited unless specifically authorized by the Department of Athletics!
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many days in advance can I make a court reservation?
- All court reservations open 14 days in advance.
How can I make a court reservation?
- Visit recwell.stanford.edu
- Logging in:
- Stanford affiliates can click the “Stanford Login” button to access their account.
- Courtesy card holders, alumni, hospital employees, and Graduate School of Business alumni should click “Local” to log in.
- Scroll down and select your court preference.
- Search for a time and date that best meets your schedule.
- Remember to bring a face-covering and a completed Stanford Health Check every time when entering any Recreation facility.
- How do I cancel a court reservation?
Login into your account (the login button can be found in the top right corner of the website).
- From your profile:
- Select the profile icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Bookings” from the left menu.
- Click “Cancel” next to the court reservation you want to cancel.
- From the Bookings page:
- Find the list of upcoming bookings.
- Click the three vertical dots from the court reservation you wish to cancel.
- Expand the menu.
- Click “Cancel Booking”.
- How come I can't see a grid and who's playing next to me?
- Fusion is not equipped with this feature currently. A grid will return in the next software iteration coming later this year.
- How come I can't see the bookings online?
- If you’re having membership issues while making a booking online please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- I can see the bookings online, but why can’t I see a specific time slot? Ex; Tuesday/Thursday 3pm - 4pm?