Stanford Recreation & Wellness – Movement Motivation
Engage with us to strengthen the Stanford Community! Here are some resources to help you stay in touch while social distancing!
Resources from Recreation & Wellness
Health and Well-Being
(Some trails may be closed due to COVID-19. Please obey all local shelter in place rules.)
2020 Recreation Movement – Log, Be Inspired, Represent – Go Stanford!
Stanford’s Recreation & Wellness Movement Motivation goes nationwide by joining with 100+ other schools in providing virtual recreation inspiration for all as part of the collegiate 2020 Recreation Movement. Participants who have an email address ending in .edu can log their minutes (like in the Pac 12 Challenge), be inspired, and represent Stanford on this platform for a chance to win prizes. If you don’t have an email address ending .edu and would like to participate, please fill out this form.
The 2020 Recreation Movement platform allows participation in live and prerecorded classes and workouts from 100+ colleges and universities from around the country through the http://2020recreationmovement.com website. Join the 2020 Recreation Movement – Represent Stanford! Best of all, It’s FREE!
How to participate
1. Log your activities in any one of our platforms:
- 2020 Recreation Movement
- Strava Recreation and Wellness Club (free to join).
- Take a photo of your workout and tag us on social media
Use any of these hashtags and be sure to follow them to see your posts and be inspired by others: #stanfordwalks #stanfordhikes #stanfordruns #stanfordbikes #stanfordurec #sumovementmotivation #suvirtualrecreation #recmovement, #recathome.
📍 Stanford University
🌲 “Inspiring A Healthier Stanford”
🗣 Tag your photos #StanfordRec for a chance to be featured
- Don’t do mobile apps or social media? Log your workouts on this simple Google Form.
2. We will select random winners every Friday until operations return to normal!
Apps and resources
Again, we welcome you to choose any activities to make you feel good! We want to support you staying active on your own, so here are some resources to help you reach your goals!
Walking! Take a walk or hike and post to social media using any of our hashtags #stanfordwalks #stanfordhikes #stanfordruns #stanfordbikes #stanfordurec #sumovementmotivation #suvirtualrecreation #recmovement #recathome
- Daily Burn – Free 60-day trial
- Nike Training Club – Free
- Indoor Fitness Court – Free Indoor Workouts
- Les Mills On Demand – over 95 workouts across 8 categories, free 14-day trial
- Down Dog Yoga App
- Peleton App – with various workout categories, free for 90 days
- AllTrails – Find trails around your area, free
- Bay Area Hiker – shows different hikes around the bay area, free (remember to maintain physical distance)
- Headspace – Hundreds of guided meditations on everything from stress to sleep, free 2-week trial.
Record an activity and it goes to your Strava feed, where your friends and followers can share their own races and workouts, give kudos to great performances and leave comments on each other’s activities. Strava syncs with most devices – your phone, GPS watch or head unit, heart rate monitor, or power meter. All kinds of groups form clubs on Strava to organize activities and build communities – friends, teams, brands, gear shops and more. When you join our Stanford Recreation and Wellness Strava, your performance will be shared with the community! Here is how!
- We encourage all participants to practice physical distancing while exercising at this time.
- Please ensure you are choosing activities that are appropriate for your level of fitness.
- If you’re not sure, consult a medical professional.
- Listen to your body and do what’s best for your body each day.
- “Q: Can I still exercise? Take my kids to the park for fresh air? Take a walk around the block? Walk my dog?
- A: Yes. So long as you are maintaining a safe social distance of six feet from people who aren’t part of your household, it is ok to go outside for exercise, a walk or fresh air. Gyms are closed.” –California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response