The Adventure Program offers exciting outdoor trips, courses and clinics each quarter and over intersession breaks.
Want to see a trip or course happen that is not currently being offered? Download and submit a Trip Proposal Form here.
Winter Trip Sign Up Day
Stanford Adventure Program Members Early Bird:
- Thursday January 9th 8:00-11:00 am
- (you may purchase a membership at this event. Learn more about membership.)
Stanford Adventure Program Student Member registration for weekend trip experiences occurs in-person at the Outdoor Center on Thursday Sept 26th 8:00am-11:00am. Registration will then continue during our open Rental Hours. Registration opens for Staff, Faculty, and non-members Sept 27th during open Rental Hours. Bring printed and completed Assumption of Risk and Medical History Form to expedite the registration process. Adventure Program Registration Policies:
- NO REFUNDS will be issued for any reason, unless the trip is cancelled. For more expensive trips, consider purchasing trip cancellation insurance that protects you from canceling for unforeseeable circumstances such as injury or illness. We recommend Travel Guard.
- STANDBY means you are guaranteed a spot on the trip if a spot on the trip roster becomes available. You must submit your medical form and risk waiver at time of sign-up, and pay for the trip fees. You will be refunded in full if the trip is cancelled or if there are no spots available for you on the trip. Refunds will NOT be issued if you decide not to attend.
- Individuals must be present to sign up for trips. Friends/partners cannot sign someone else up.
- Due to high demand, Stanford Adventure Program Members can sign up for only one multi-day Adventure and one single-day Adventure Program trip during member registration week. Registration after the first week is unlimited.
- Stanford IDs will be checked by Outdoor Center staff to confirm memberships and Stanford affiliation.
- Registration is on first come, first served basis.
- Pre-trip meetings, if noted, are REQUIRED.
Adventure Program Trips
Unless otherwise noted, no previous experience is required for any of our trips and transportation is provided. Trips indicated as moderately to very strenuous require a high level of fitness and typically require you to hike/paddle/ski/etc. many miles per day, often carrying your own equipment. Contact the Outdoor Center for more information.
New Trips Coming Soon!
|3||Russian Ridge "Top of the World" Day Hike||1/26. Departs @ 8am||None||$20||Moderate|
|3||Point Reyes National Seashore Backpack||1/24-1/26. Departs 1/24 @ 12pm noon||Wednesday, 1/22 @ 6:30-7:30pm. Outdoor Center||$75||Moderate|
|2||Point Reyes Whale Migration||1/18/20. Meet @ 8 am||None||$25||Easy|
|2||Los Padres National Forest Camp and Hike||1/17-1/19. Departs 1/17 @ 12pm noon||Wednesday, 1/15 @ 6:30-7:30pm. Outdoor Center||$65||Moderate|
|4||Hutchinson Lodge Cabin Cross Country Ski||1/31-2/2. Departs 1/31 @ 12pm noon||Wednesday, 1/29 @ 6:30-7:30pm. Outdoor Center||$75||Moderate|
|4||Hutchinson Lodge Cabin Snowshoe||1/31-2/2. Departs 1/31 @ 12pm noon||Wednesday, 1/29 @ 6:30-7:30pm. Outdoor Center||$75||Moderate|
|5||Desolation Wilderness Back Country Cross Country||2/7-2/9. Departs 2/7 @ 10am||Wednesday, 2/5 @ 6:30-7:30pm. Outdoor Center||$75||Strenuous|
|7||Santa Cruz Mountains Day Hike||2/22. Departs @ 8am||None||$25||Easy|
|7||Desolation Wilderness Back Country Snowshoe||2/21-2/23. Departs 2/21 @ 10am||Wednesday, 2/19 @ 6:30-7:30pm. Outdoor Center||$75||Strenuous|
|8||Windy Hill Day Hike||3/1. Departs @ 9am||None||$20||Moderate|
|9||Rock Climbing Castle Rock||3/7. Departs @ 8am||Wednesday, 3/4 @ 6:30-7:30pm||$60||Moderate|
|9||Coastal Red Woods Camp and Hike||3/6-3/8. Departs 3/6 @ 12pm noon||Wednesday, 3/4 @ 6:30-7:30pm. Outdoor Center||$65||Moderate|
Trips are subject to change.
Be the first to sign up for adventure trips, plus get discounts on gear rentals and more when you become a Stanford Adventure Program Member! Membership is only $15 for the entire year. Learn more.