Stanford Recreation facilities offer a variety of family-friendly recreational spaces to include Avery Rec Pool @AOERC (50m pool), climbing and bouldering walls, along with access to basketball courts in ACSR, AOERC and the Ford Center.
Youth Access Policy:
- Participants under the age of 18yrs old may only access the recreational facilities for open recreation during Family Access Hours.
- All participants over 1yr old are required to have a SUID card or daily guest pass to access the recreational facilities. Children under the age of 1yr old are allowed to enter the facilities free of charge with valid adult access.
- Participants under 16yrs old must be accompanied by an adult.
- All non-participants under 18yrs old must be supervised by an adult at all times.
|FAMILY ACCESS HOURS||MON-THU||FRI||SAT||SUN|
|Academic Years Hours|
|Basketball Courts (ages 8-17)||No Access||No Access||All Day||All Day|
|Family Swim (ages 0-17)||No Access||No Access||12 PM-5 PM||12 PM-5 PM|
|School Breaks and Holidays|
|Basketball Courts (ages 8-17)||All Day||All Day||All Day||All Day|
|Family Swim (ages 0-17)||10 AM-2 PM||10 AM-2 PM||10 AM-2 PM||10 AM-2 PM|
|Baskeball Courts (ages 8-17)||Open-6 PM||Open-6 PM||All Day||All Day|
|Family Swim (ages 0-17)||11 AM-6 PM||11 AM-6 PM||11 AM-6 PM||11 AM-6 PM|
Additional youth access hours will be held on university holidays and academic break weeks. Visit here for complete Facility Hours schedule.
No person under 18 years old is allowed into the Fitness Center, the Basketball courts, the pools, or the climbing & bouldering walls, (unless you are a Stanford University student or staff member) when unaccompanied and sponsored by an adult over 18 years old.
- Family Swim is held at the Avery Rec Pool @AOERC unless otherwise noted for holiday hours.
- Family Swim is designated in one area of the pool and only available during Family Swim hours.
- Participants under the age of 18yrs old can only swim during designated Family Swim hours.
- Adults with children 16 years of age and younger must supervise their children in the facility at all times, even in the changing rooms.
- Children over 6yrs old are required to use the appropriate changing room for their gender. If assistance is needed, please speak with a lifeguard.
- If a child wants to swim in a lap swim lane, they must pass a swim test administered by the lifeguards. Criteria: must be able to swim 2 continuous lengths of the pool using the freestyle stroke with a strong kick and rhythmic breathing.
- When children 12 years of age and younger are in the water an adult must be in the water within an arm’s reach of them at all times.
- For every 2 children at least 1 adult should be with them at all times.
- Infants are allowed in the pool with swim diapers on.
- Children under 18yrs old are allowed to climb during Family Climb time.
- Participants under 16yrs old cannot belay and must be accompanied by a belay certified adult at all times.
- Only two participants under 16yrs old are allowed per certified adult.
- Children under 8yrs old must be under direct supervision by a certified adult at all times in the Climbing Wall (within arms reach).