Diversity, Inclusion, and Accessibility
- Belonging Statement
- Inclusive Services
- Partners and Resources
- Contact Us
We believe that access to a healthful and purposeful life is a right afforded to everyone. We are committed to a welcoming and inclusive environment that advances access for all members of the Stanford community. Through our cause of igniting a culture of belonging and well-being, we work to ensure that a diversity of cultures, races and ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, political and religious beliefs, physical abilities, learning styles, political views, and other personal facets flourish.
At Stanford, we believe that to advance education, it is essential to be exposed to views and cultures other than one’s own and to have one’s opinions and assumptions challenged. Such engagement expands our horizons, enables understanding across difference, prevents complacency and promotes intellectual breadth.
Our diversity ensures our strength as an intellectual and active community. In today’s world, diversity represents the key to excellence and achievement.
Free Appointment-based demos
The following services are available for free year-round, by appointment:
- Adaptive fitness equipment demonstrations
- Fitness center orientations (Fitness 101)
- Adaptive aquatics equipment demonstrations
- Recreational pool orientation
- Group Fitness Class
- A private group fitness class for your group! We can provide an instructor if you’d like to have the event at your location, or we can work to schedule an instructor and facility space at one of our recreational centers.
- Recreation Class
- Learn sport-specific skills through an instructional lesson for your group choosing from tennis, golf, basketball, and badminton.
- Personal Training
- Guidance from a certified personal trainer who can lead your group through a workout tailored to your specific needs.
- Wellness Consultant
- We’ll work to connect your group with our partners on campus, including BeWell, Residential Education, and Vaden.
- Facility Tours
- Meeting Space
- Special Events
- Diverse and expanded programming
- Need-based subsidized programs fees
All-Gender Locker Room at the AOERC
These videos (geared towards beginners) show you how to use our exercise machines at our fitness centers.
Do you have ideas for creating a more inclusive environment within our facility, programs, or services? Have you experienced a situation within our department that you would like to discuss with someone? We welcome you to contact our Inclusivity Committee Chair, Daralisa Kelley. We look forward to working with you!