To ignite a culture of belonging and well-being through movement, play, adventure, and learning.
Recreation and Wellness provides world-class recreation and wellness programming for the student, staff, faculty, and community of Stanford University and partners with organizations that embody and enhance experiences for lifelong wellness. Through our cause, we strive to ensure that a diversity of cultures, races and ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, religious beliefs, physical abilities, learning styles, political views, and other personal facets flourish.
The DAPER Way
As part of the Department of Athletics, Physical Education, and Recreation, we embrace the tenants of the DAPER Way as we work with our colleagues and our community:
- Contribute to Stanford University’s institutional mission.
- Be a great teammate.
- Communicate broadly & frequently.
- Have fun.
Lead with Courage.
- Do the right thing.
- Serve as a role model for interscholastic athletics.
- Be willing to stand alone.
- Leverage the pioneering spirit of our history and surroundings.
- Take risks and learn from mistakes.
Pursue and Revere Excellence.
- Win championships.
- Celebrate achievements.
- Expect, identify, and repeat successes.
- Hire, train and develop the best workforce.
- Perform at an elite level.
- Give students opportunity to succeed in athletics, academics and other undergraduate experiences.
- Develop and graduate leaders.