Youth Programs prides itself on providing vibrant and creative youth programs for all ages and abilities. We offer different opportunities for youth to engage in an active lifestyle through camps, sports-based activities, field trips, and more; all while providing a safe and positive environment where children learn new skills, grow together, and play!
Youth Programs, housed in the Department of Recreation and Wellness, is looking to hire seasonal part-time employees. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team and make a difference in a child’s camp experience.
Youth Programs Camp Counselor
Camp Counselors are the heart of Stanford Youth Programs. Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Youth Programs, counselors work to ensure that each child feels welcome, safe, and loved at camp through their daily interactions with children under their care. Counselors have a special opportunity to make a change in the life of a child while developing valuable professional skills and program planning experience.
- High school graduate or age 16 and up, preferred
- Experience working with youth in Grades K – 12 preferred.
- Passionate about working with youth and creating powerful experiences in a camp setting.
- Knowledge of running sports activities.
- Experience working in a camp setting is a plus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for the emotional and physical safety of children. Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues. Resolve conflicts within the group as necessary.
- Planning and implementation of a variety of programs for campers
- Work collaboratively with other staff.
- Support goals and spirit of Stanford All Sports Camp programming.
- Uphold the mission and values of Stanford Recreation and Wellness and the University.
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.