Community Guidelines and Policies
Community Guidelines and Policies
To ignite a culture of belonging and well-being, we strive to ensure that a diversity of cultures, races and ethnicities, genders, political and religious beliefs, physical and learning differences, sexual orientations and identities is thriving.
Acts contrary to this do not meet our community standards.
- By using Stanford Recreation and Wellness facilities and programs, you agree to comply with the community standards and cooperate with staff.
- Entering and exiting facilities must be done through the designated main entrance.
- For both security and utilization tracking, all participants using a Recreation and Wellness facility must check in at the front desk and present their valid SUID card or Guest Pass upon entering all recreational facilities.
- Safe attire that will not get caught in moving parts, and closed-toed shoes are required.
- No person under 18 years old is allowed into the facility outside of Youth and Family Access hours (unless you are a Stanford student or staff member).
- All non-participants under 18 years old must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Report all injuries or incidents immediately to staff on duty.
- Beverages must be in a non-glass, spill-proof container. Food is allowed only in designated spaces.
- Smoking is not permitted in the facility.
- Please refrain from loud/excessive talking on cell phones while in recreation spaces.
- Physical and verbal abuse is not permitted.
- Skateboards, scooters, roller skates/blades, or bikes are not permitted inside the recreation facilities.
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking or illegal drugs are not allowed in this facility.
- Unauthorized commercial activity, posting, advertising, or private lessons/training is prohibited.
- Pets, other than Service Animals, are prohibited in all facilities.
- The Recreation and Wellness Staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No bags or backpacks are permitted on the Fitness Center floor.
- No external personal trainers are permitted.
- No personal amplified sound systems or speakers are allowed without specific approval.
AOERC, ACSR and SRWC Facilities
- Please clean all equipment before and after each use.
- Please re-rack all bars, weights, and dumbbells and return all equipment back to its proper place after use.
- Use safety clips/collars on all free-weight bars.
- Only Stanford Recreation and Wellness approved Personal Trainers are allowed to conduct training sessions.
- Stanford Recreation and Wellness reserves the right to change or amend these policies as deemed necessary for the safety and functionality of the facility, program or activity.
- Compliance with staff is expected at all times.
- Facility schedules are subject to change for special events.
LKSC Facility Policies
- Exercise at your own risk.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use the LKSC Fitness Center.
- Only medical, graduate, and biosciences students in the School of Medicine are allowed to use the Fitness Center.
- The LKSC Fitness Center and its employees are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Safe attire that will not get caught in moving parts and closed-toed shoes are required
- Bags of any type are not allowed on the Fitness Center floor or near equipment. Please use the lockers or cubbies to store all personal belongings.
- Please wipe down exercise equipment after use.
- Please report any facility-related issues and injuries or incidents to the staff on duty or security staff downstairs.
- Failure to comply with any of the above
Martial Arts Mat Studio and Exercise Studio Use Policies
When our studios are not in use by a scheduled class they are open for individuals to exercise in or groups to reserve for events, rehearsals, etc. Any individual or group using any of our group exercise studios must adhere to these policies:
- Non-marking, closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
- Heels, tap shoes, and cleats are prohibited on the hardwood floors.
- Safe attire that will not get caught in moving parts is required.
- All space reservations must be scheduled through Membership Services.
- Audio equipment may only be used by Stanford Recreation and Wellness Staff.
Photography and videography are permitted in Recreation and Wellness facilities, but you may not photograph or video other people without express permission. All photography and videography is strictly prohibited in the pool, restrooms, locker rooms, and classes unless written permission is granted by Recreation and Wellness.
BEHAVIOR EXPECTATIONS Aggressive, unsafe or reckless behavior is explicitly forbidden in Stanford Athletic facilities and programs. This includes, but is not limited to, the following: Promoting or engaging in physical abuse, verbal abuse, threats, intimidation, harassment, coercion and/or other conduct which threatens or endangers the health or safety of any person. The use of “fighting words” to harass any employee or participant in connection with official University functions or University sponsored programs is also prohibited.
UNAUTHORIZED ENTRY A valid Stanford SUID card or pass is required for access to all Stanford Athletic facilities and programs. In addition, entering unauthorized areas such as offices and maintenance workshops without the express permission of Stanford Athletics will be considered trespassing.
FORGERY Sharing identification cards for access to Stanford Athletic facilities or programs is considered forgery. Forgery, altering identification cards, providing false information in connection with a membership application or program form, or unauthorized use or misuse of any University document, record, key, electronic device, or identification is strictly prohibited. SUID confiscation, additional sanctions and restrictions may apply including a loss of privileges and/or a report to the Dean of Students Office.
SOLICITATION Short Term sponsorship privileges provide our Stanford Affiliates the opportunity to share use and enjoyment of Stanford Athletic facilities with individuals with whom they have an established relationship. In the interest of the safety of all users, Stanford Affiliates should refrain from sponsoring individuals who are unknown to them and to report any solicitations to do so to Stanford Athletic staff.
DISORDERLY CONDUCT Engaging in disorderly or lewd conduct, including being under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances, is strictly prohibited.
UNAUTHORIZED COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY Posting, advertising, conducting unauthorized private lessons or training, soliciting individuals in Stanford Athletic facilities for personal services, businesses, or agencies is prohibited.
FORGOTTEN ID If you have forgotten your Stanford issued ID card, the front desk staff will use a 3-strikes system to check you in. Each quarter, a patron may enter the facility up to 3 times without a Stanford issued ID card; they will receive a “strike,” and after 3 strikes, they will no longer be let into the building without their Stanford issued ID card.
Refund, Cancellation & Switching Policy
Refund policies vary by program. Please refer to your confirmation email for specific policies.